How to Effectively Deal With Difficult People at Work
To increase productivity, improve employee performance, and enhance your company’s overall success it is important to have excellent communication skills when dealing with coworkers, management, and customers/clients. Some people at work are positive and energizing. Others are negative, depleting, and stressful. Anyone who has ever shared an office, attended a business meeting, or dealt with negative people knows how exhausting it can be. This lecture/workshop will help you identify draining people and learn how to effectively deal with them. As a result, your employee relationships will be more empowered and stress-free in the workplace.
In this lecture or workshop you’ll learn to:
- How to identify difficult people.
- What are the signs you're being sapped?
- How to deal with different types of draining people such as The Victim, The Narcissist, The Chronic Talker, the Gossip, and the Drama Queen.
- How to set clear limits and boundaries in a positive way.
- How to communicate with an empowered tone and attitude when dealing with a difficult person.
- How to develop positive, healthy relationships and resolve conflicts at work.
Recommended reading: Emotional Freedom: Liberate Yourself from Negative Emotions and Transform Your Life by Judith Orloff MD