Are you forever rushing around, fending off chronic exhaustion? Are you desperately over committed, afraid to say no? Do you have fang marks from being bled dry by energy vampires? Does the onslaught of violence in the news leave you drained? If so, you’re the victim of a hidden energy crisis. To resolve it you need more than traditional solutions such as eating well, getting a good night’s sleep, and exercising. Here at last is the complete prescription to stop you from feeling constantly drained and enables you to live a more vibrant life: the Positive Energy Program created by Judith Orloff, M.D.
Dr. Orloff is the pioneer behind Energy Psychiatry, a new field that addresses the subtle energetic components of health and behavior. Energy Psychiatry blends the practice of mainstream medicine with an emerging scientific understanding of subtle energies, revered by many cross-cultural healing traditions as our life force. In Positive Energy, Dr. Orloff explains this exciting new discipline and how it led her to formulate ten essential prescriptions for boosting energy, improving relationships, and combating energy vampires. The prescriptions are:
- Awaken your intuition and rejuvenate yourself–and learn the cure for techno despair and overload from emails, computers, and phones
- Find a nurturing spiritual path that fits your own beliefs and inner stirrings
- Design an energy-aware approach to diet, exercise, and health–and learn how to avoid the “energetic overeating” that sabotages attempts to lose weight–a major reasons diets fail
- Generate positive emotional energy to counter negativity- Develop a heart-centered sexuality
- Open yourself to the flow of creativity and inspiration to achieve greater joy
- Celebrate the sacredness of laughter, pampering, and the replenishment of retreat–it’s not selfish to take care of yourself -Discover how to attract positive people and situations
- Protect yourself from energy vampires with specific shielding techniques
- Create abundance and a continuing flow of energy
Following each chapter are Dr. Orloff’s interviews with luminaries who share their personal secrets about how they use a specific prescription to generate more energy. You’ll discover how Quincy Jones’s intuition opened up after brain surgery, Larry King honed his interviewing techniques, Naomi Judd recovered from hepatitis C, and Jamie Lee Curtis deals with draining people.
Dr. Orloff says, “We can’t stop the negative circumstances of our time–our cell phones will keep ringing, e-mails will keep coming, people will be rude, our children will be demanding, and bad things will happen in the world. But we can learn ways to protect our energy so that we can stay centered in dealing with the stresses that arise.” Positive Energy shows you how to slow down time to match your natural rhythms, allowing you to be fully present for your life. Learning this can make the difference between an exuberant life and one you’re always recovering from. Filled with Dr. Orloff’s warmth, humor, and compassion, Positive Energy is your tool kit for transforming fatigue, stress, and fear into an abundance of vibrance, strength, and love.
Judith Orloff MD is the author of The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People. Dr. Orloff is a psychiatrist, an empath and intuitive healer, and is on the UCLA Psychiatric Clinical Faculty. She synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition, energy, and spirituality. Dr. Orloff also specializes in treating empaths and highly sensitive people in her private practice. She passionately believes that the future of medicine involves integrating all this wisdom to achieve total wellness. Explore more information about empaths and intuition at www.drjudithorloff.com.